Thursday, February 22, 2007

Closing 2.0 launched (painfully)

This closing/move has not gone smoothly.

As planned, I met the lawyer at 9:30 am this morning. After I signed the papers, they were couriered to the builder’s lawyer. Since both firms are located downtown, it was supposed to take about 30 minutes to get the keys back. With our luck, I waited for 1.5 hours, but I got them!

Our appliances were supposed to be delivered between 8am and 5pm. With our luck again, we got a call at 8am! We couldn’t even enter the condo at that time. We called the builder who graciously offered to open the door for them even though it’s not something they are responsible for. All was fine and dandy until the elevator broke down!!! The appliances were left in the lobby until 3 pm. To our surprise, the builder graciously offered to bring them up for us. Our builder rocks.

The place looks fantastic. I brought my camera, but didn’t realize there was no memory card in it. Duh. I’ll post pictures tomorrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ugh, what a PITA. At least you've got the condo now. Can't wait to see pictures!!