Monday, June 19, 2006

Now Boarding Flight to Vancouver (Again)

I flew to Vancouver on Friday after work. We had dinner at Tojo's again. I can’t get enough of that restaurant. The sushis are to die for. They literally melt in your mouth.


We left early Saturday morning to Kelowna. It was
a beautiful, sunny day. We had lunch at Mission Hill Winery . The views were breathtaking and the food was delicious. After lunch, we went to Cedar Creek for more tasting. Their wine is nothing to write home about. We stayed at Lake Okanagan Resort. The views from the resort were spectacular. The resort itself was a little too “summer campish” to my taste. It was definitely a family friendly resort (gah). We had a fantastic dinner at Fresco downtown Kelowna. The food was great, especially their tuna tartar.

We hit the road early on Sunday morning. We drove to Penticton and stopped by Hillside Estate, Nichol Vineyard , and Elephant Island. Nichol is a tiny vineyard that was recommended to me. Their wine is fabulous. Elephant Island produces “fruit wine”. In other words, they make wine with any fruits but grapes! The pear and blackberry wines were lovely.

We got back to sunny (!) Vancouver around 6pm and met with friends for dinner at Cafe de Medici. Good food. I flew back at 11pm. Another quickie on the west coast.

Pictures

1 comment:

doctor T said...

The next time you're on the west coast and have some spare time let me know. I'm just a ferry ride away and I love hitting the mainland.