Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Closing 1.0 failed to launch

Our closing was scheduled today. The money from our investment account was supposed to be deposited into our chequing account by 1 pm. I was then supposed to get a certified cheque from our bank, run to the law firm, and close the deal before 5 pm.

Here’s how things went. We got an email at noon from our financial advisor telling us that the money had been wired “from their end”. Yippee, I was off to the bank. To my despair, the certified cheque could not be issued as the money had not been transferred yet. I guess our financial advisor did not realize that transfers from one RBC organization to another are not instantaneous. I waited until 3 pm. At that point, our lawyer was no longer available so I came home.

Thirty minutes later, I noticed that the money had, hallelujah, arrived. I immediately returned to the bank. I now have a certified cheque, but no lawyer. We have to wait until tomorrow morning to meet with her.

Wish me luck for Closing 2.0 tomorrow!

1 comment:

Lexy said...

Man I hate banks. We had so many problems when we were doing our deposit with our two banks and transferring funds. What a PITA!

Hopefully things go much smoother for you tomorrow.