Saturday, March 25, 2006

Health Update – Week #5 Post-Op

I finished my antibiotics early last week. No more pukiness and throwing-up. That makes a huge difference.

I had an appointment with my surgeon. She doesn’t want to do another CT scan to check whether the fluid in my back is still there. My back doesn’t hurt anymore, I don’t have a fever, and I feel better. She asked me to keep monitoring my temperature though, which I eagerly do 10 times a day. She seemed a bit concerned about my weight loss, but I reassured her I’ve been eating like a piglette for the two weeks.

The home nurse comes every second day. She “packs” the hole in my incision now. It doesn’t feel too good. She sayd that it’s looking better. I am scared to look.

I am frustrated. I am well enough to worry about work, but not well enough to work! I walk like a turtle, I can’t do anything around the house, I need help to tie my shoes, bah. To top it all off, I am missing this super duper cool structural equation modelling training at work *sigh*.

I was hoping for a faster recovery. I am young, thin, and otherwise healthy. I should be healing faster. It looks like it will take the full 6 weeks. Yuk.

1 comment:

doctor T said...

Bleargh. I'm sorry your recovery is going so slowly. Eat lots of good food and try to keep your spirits up.