Thursday, March 02, 2006

From the hospital…

This blog entry is courtesy of my dear husband who graciously offered to post it for your enjoyment.

I’ve been at the hospital for almost a week now. As some of you may remember, I had an appendix surgery in November, followed by a pelvic inflammatory disease (caused by the appendix) and an ovarian cyst in December. Last Saturday night, out of the blue, I woke up agonizing in pain. I called my husband who was in Vancouver. He called a cab immediately, I fed Kinki 2 bowls of food (what a responsible mother), and off to the hospital I went.

The emergency “care” I received was terrible. I was accused of “faking it” to see a doctor faster. I was accused of being an attention seeker. After many unsatisfying tests, they opened me up on Monday afternoon. They found 2 ovarian cysts, one being 8cm, an abscess, and lots of infection everywhere. I was all cleaned up during the 1.5hrs operation. I have c-section, an incision around my left ovary, and one in my belly (I thought the appendix was bad.).

I was left alone, crying for hours, isolated by myself like a criminal. Of course, me the attention seeker was “faking it”. Misjudgment much? With a history of pelvic infections, this statement was not only insulting; it translated into extreme incompetence and poor skills. If I may add, I have nothing to complain about doctors/soon to be doctors. They are the most professional, caring, and fantastic individuals that this hospital has to offer. Cudo to them.

I should be off work from 4 to 6 weeks. I like being busy. I am not sure I can keep my sanity at home for such an extended period of time.

Again this time, my husband has been the most wonderful creature on earth. I did not want him to miss his annual meeting. He came back on Wednesday. In the meantime, my cousin and my wonderful colleague have taken good care of me. I am feeling extremely guilty that my husband’s work schedule has to be modified to accommodate all of my sick needs. I should come home Saturday or Sunday.

I am frustrated for being clued to my bed. I hate asking for help. I want to do things quickly and independently. I want to work. Between all of my work commitments, I feel I am letting many, many people down (yet again).

I am an emotional and physical mess.

I need to go now. Some nurse needs to poke more holes into my little arms.

2 comments:

doctor T said...

Oh no! I hope you have a swift recovery. I can't believe the hospital folks treated you so horribly. What asses.

Voiceless Wonder said...

OH MY! You poor thing! I hope you feel better soon!