Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Day 09 at the Hospital

Another post from the perfect husband… The last couple of days have been rough. Until they finally found a stronger substitute to gravol, I felt nauseous constantly. In four days, I did not eat one single thing. The smell of food, especially hospital food, made it worst.

Even without the nauseous feeling, I have yet to fully own my body again. I am sore from the “c-section” and the other two incisions. Today, they took the staples off. It did not hurt as much as I was expecting.

Since yesterday, I have been trying to walk and sit more. Every little task is exhausting. Today, they also took my IV away. It increased my mobility and my independence.

I feel so close to home, but it seems so far away. My husband, has been spending his nights with me on a chair from the 1950’s and has brought me home made food. I just want to be in my bed with him and my cat.

I won’t be discharged until they find the right antibiotic for this bug. It has been a week that the lab is working on the culture. I can’t believe this is happening to me. I hope I will write my next update from home.

1 comment:

doctor T said...

I hope you are home soon, Smarties. I miss your wit on Hitched!