Sunday, January 29, 2006

South East Asia Tour Insanity

Avid readers,

I spent the whole weekend trying to come up with a smart and witty blog entry. We’re out of luck, it didn’t happen. The truth is, I actually spent the whole weekend looking at South East Asia itineraries for our next trip.

I’ve done the independent travel thing in China. I slept with rats and cockroaches. I spent hours figuring out a train schedule. I ate gross food. Check, check, and check. I am old now and I just want a comfy tour.

Requirements:

-30 days
-Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia
-Thailand beaches
-Good sh*t food
-Decent accommodation
-An elephant ride

Sounds easy enough? Think again *roll eyes*. I found a company offering great stuff. However, my other half is worried that the accommodation will be below princess standards (for him of course). Fine, then find a better one honey. Wishful thinking.

I’ve looked up every single googleable tour companies. I am losing it!

1 comment:

doctor T said...

Thailand has plenty of decent accomodation and apparently the food there is amazing compared to the Thai food we get here.

My ex lived in Thailand for a couple years (he's now in Korea) and his girlfriend is Thai. I could ask him about good tour companies. You can see some pics of Thailand he's taken over the years and read a bit about it if you go to Ryan's Web Journal on my blog.

30 days! I'm jealous.