Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Go Garth Turner Go

For those who don't know, MP Garth Turner was kicked out of the Conservative Party last October because he spoke his mind (how shocking!). Today, he gave up his Conservative membership and here's what he had to say:

"This is not easy for me," said Mr. Turner, adding he had been a Conservative his entire life. "But I want my party to believe in free speech, diversity of opinion, co-operation, equality of all people, progressive social values, true environmental protection and stand against intolerance, bigotry and exclusion."

That says it all. It is a perfect description of what the Progressive Conservative party WAS before it was taken over by the Alliance Party and its despotic leader. It's now the total opposite. What a shame.

I highly recommend Garth's blog. His analysis of the MacKay-Stronach soap opera is priceless. Leave it to Garth to tell it like it is. I love him! Garth for Prime Minister!

No comments: