Friday, November 24, 2006

Back to school

I realized this summer that I had way too much time on my hands. To remedy the situation, I enrolled in a Marketing Research program through an American university. It’s a one year certificate that can be completed at my own pace. My first exam is next Thursday. The past two weeks have been a school boot camp because I am facilitating focus groups in Eastern Canada next week and won’t have much time to devote to my studies.

I hope I remember the strategy involved in writing a multiple choice exam. I haven’t written one of those in forever. First, Sociology is not big on multiple choice exams (compared to Psych for example). Students usually get essay questions. Second, I haven’t written an exam since my third year undergrad. Course evaluations were usually based on participation, papers, and presentation.

The first part of the course focuses more on the “market” aspect rather than the “research” although I do have to memorize confidence interval and sample size formulas! I’ve discovered that what I am really passionate about is research, not business. Product management, distribution channels, ewwwww!

2 comments:

doctor T said...

School! I had no clue -- how exciting.

PS. you still haven't said why you're no on Hitched. Email me.

Foxy Renard said...

Wah. I also miss you on the site.