Saturday, May 19, 2007

Chez-moi à San Francisco

Let me preface by saying that people in San Francisco don't take as much pride in their home as people in Ottawa. The reason is simple: They live in the city, not in their home. The weather is always nice. People walk everywhere. Restaurants and coffee shops are packed every single day. The result is that apartments are old and outdated. However, they are perfect for urbanites and I am willing to trade all the stainless steel in the world for that kind of lifestyle.

Without further ado, here's our apartment!


Welcome!


Modest but functional kitchen


Living room/Dining room


Bedroom separated from living room with French doors


Bedroom

(Kinki's giant scratching post by the window. He loves it!)


"Office" in front of the bed


Bathroom (and my attempt at increasing storage space!)


(and me trying to add some colour)

5 comments:

Christie said...

Love it!! It's so cute!!!

Unknown said...

beautiful place!

Irene said...

Cute apartment!

Raquel said...

I think it is wonderful! If I didn't have a husband and a kid, I'd totally give up my life in Ottawa and go to San Fran, given the opportuntiy. That lifestyle is so much better then what we have up here. I'm sick of people talking about their big home, big SUVs, etc. Life is about so much more.

You are living my dream Smarties! :)

Lexy said...

Very nice. I love the character that it has. When we were house hunting I wanted something with old school character, but we ended up with cookie cutter crap. Trying to rectify that now :)

You're a lucky girl