Sunday, April 08, 2007

My Easter Weekend

I can’t say that I despise Easter as much as Christmas. It is, however, at the top of my list of most hated holidays. What is the most logical explanation to the disappearance of Jesus’ body? Resurrection, of course. And someone please explain what’s the link with the Easter Bunny again?


We drove down to Toronto on Friday to meet with friends we won’t have a chance to see again soon. We stayed at the Hilton and had a kick ass view on the CN tower. Friday night, we had dinner on Queen St. with a friend we met in South Africa in September 2005.
His girlfriend is studying to become an osteopath. She explained that if an osteopath can release the scar tissue around the "c-section" I had last year, I may just get my abs back. I am sure going to give this a try when we are settled in SF. I kept an eye open for Foxy all night, but alas no renard for me!

We spent Saturday/Sunday with a couple extraordinaire. We met them on our South East Asia trip last December. P is a seventy-five years old man. He is the former CEO of a company owned by a large multinational corporation. Not that I hang out with CEOs on a regular basis, but I can totally understand how he became one. Beyond his intelligence and passion for his field, he is incredibly charismatic. Why is it that some people, no matter what they say, are interesting to listen to? We talked about his career, his travels, his family, and everything under the sun. Of course, we did get a couple of free career advices for ourselves!

1 comment:

Foxy Renard said...

Oh, I am so mad that you were here and I didn't get to have coffee with you.

But, yes, Easter prompted similar fury in me this weekend. I blogged it out. Hah.c