Thursday, April 06, 2006

Next time, he stays in the car

My dear husband is a little paranoid about my health problems. Every time I went to the emergency, he was away on business. He is worried that something similar will happen again.

Today, he came to my gynecologist appointment. Oh the embarrassment. I am not going to bring him to gynecologist appointments ever again.

First, he asked the doctor the same questions five times. FIVE times! He thought re-wording it would get him a different answer or something. No one knows what happened. No one knows if it can happen again. After answering the same question for which he has no answer FIVE times, the doctor finally said “just let it go” and laughed! Teehee.

The doctor asked me to show him my incision. As I am lying down, hubby gets ready to leave the room??? The doctor asked “where are you going?”.
Who knows!

Finally, hubby was so focused on his one and only question that he wasn’t paying attention to our conversation. Before we left:

Hubby: Did you have anything else to ask?
Me: No
Hubby: Yes, you had something
Me: Hmm no

[Now in French. The doctor does not speak French, but he sure understands it!!! ]

Hubby: Your period. [whispering]
Me: I asked about my period.

[Back to English]

Hubby to doctor: Is this normal? [That I have my period].
Doctor: [Laughing] Yes, she is allowed to have her period, once a month.

This was a 15 mins appointment. Thanks god my doctor is a young, super cool dude.

No comments: