Sunday, January 13, 2008

Now Boarding Flight to Casablanca, Morocco

We spent our Christmas holidays in Morocco this year. It seemed like the safest country to visit the Sahara desert. Overall, I don't know that I would recommend Morocco as a destination. I have been to more than 20 countries on 5 different continents and it was the first time I was told to "go home". They probably thought we were Americans, but that's not an excuse. It is certainly not a way to increase tourism which is what the government wants to do.

I would go back to the Sahara in a heart beat though. I hadn't had that 'wow' feeling in a long time. The more I travel, the more I see similarities rather than differences in landscapes and cultures. The Sahara is unique, not comparable to anything else I have seen before.

Our itinerary


No comments: