Saturday, July 14, 2007

Toe Update

My appointment was yesterday. The dermatologist looked at the architecture of the mole under a microscope and suggested the following: Take a picture of it every 3-4 month and observe any change in size/shape or remove it. The picture option seemed like a long and inefficient process. Although he estimated the likelihood of the mole being malign to 3% only, I chose the other option. Mr. Doc said it was no big deal. He said I could go jogging the next day.

Right, whatevah!!!

I nearly fainted when he froze my toe (and this is coming from a girl who had two general anesthetics and was hospitalized for a total of three weeks in a 6-month period). He removed the mole and stitched up the hole. R was there, holding my hand through the whole thing, as always. I don’t know what I would do without him.

I’ve been on Tylenol 2 since yesterday. I can’t walk, I am certainly not going jogging today!!! I have to go back next week to remove the stitches. The piece of skin (that’s it, I am fainting again) is being sent to the lab and I’ll know within 3 to 5 days if there is anything to worry about.

The infamous toe


2 comments:

Lexy said...

Painful, but just think how much better you will feel now not having to worry about it.

Foxy Renard said...

Good grief, keep us updated. That sounds painful!