Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year from Hoi An, Vietnam!

Or Happy Next Year as some people say here! We arrived in Asia over two weeks ago. After spending some time in Phuket, we joined our group in Bangkok. We're having a great time so far. I am most impressed with the food. I am generally picky overseas but I haven't stopped eating since we arrived here. Not to mention all the beer the British and Australian people on our tour are getting me used to!

Today we went to a cooking class held in a local restaurant. We first went to the market to buy all of our ingredients (among other things very alive squids and shrimps). We then made spring rolls, squid salad (hmm not so good), fried rice (pronouced "flied lice" around here), and shrimp/cashew stir fry. It was great despite my 3 rd degree burn (ok, 1/2 degree burn) caused by the boiling oil.

Salut!

3 comments:

Foxy Renard said...

I envy your vacationing life. Sounds incredible!

Lexy said...

Oh how I wish I could go on an adventure like you are on right now. Sounds like you are having a great time.

doctor T said...

I'm happy to hear you're enjoying your vacation. My ex always raves about the food in Thailand and Vietnam. I have to admit that, despite all my inexplicable fears of travelling through Asia, I'm very tempted to visit if only for the food.