Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Baby Proof

This is a quote I love from Baby Proof, a book I haven't read yet:

"
Have you noticed how couples discuss the merits of having children early versus late? [...] And the main feature of each scenario is freedom? The freedom that either comes early in life or late in life? [...] If the best part of having kids early is getting it over with, and the best part about having kids late is putting off the drudgery, doesn't it follow that not having kids at all is the best of both world?" (Giffin, 2006)

Amen.

2 comments:

doctor T said...

Yeah, I've never really understood the freedom arguement either. But I also don't understand the I-want-to-retire-at-50 thing. Maybe I just like my so-called job too much?

Anonymous said...

Kids are over-rated. Nuff said.

And having said that, hubby still wants an ankle biter. I'm still figuring out how he can have them.